Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:51 16:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PIC based Data Acquisition System  (Read 8843 times)
shaiqbashir

Thank You
-Given: 16
-Receive: 4

Instrumentation..My Extreme Passion

« on: November 04, 2007, 08:57:02 08:57 »

HI guys!

hope u would be fine out there!

well! im thinking of making a PIC based Data Acquisition system. That has the feature of acquiring data from various industrial sensors like those used for temperature, pressure, flow etc. The PIC will acquire data from these sensors and will send the results thru serial port in LABVIEW. Labview will collect the data and will use it for further analysis. The PIC that i want to use is PIC16F877A, PIC16F876A. I want my system to be REAL TIME acquisition system as well for monitoring some sort of data continuously. How do u think this can be possible with the help of PIC.??
abbas1707

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 25

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:59:24 09:59 »

wat do u mean by
REAL TIME acquisition system??

anyway i did such project using 8051 and software was made on vb, graphs were on Labview.so it can be done using PIC Wink Wink

A Thousand Miles Journey Starts With a Single Step
shaiqbashir

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 04:16:28 16:16 »

REAL time means that i want continuos monitoring of data on LAbview. Like a sensor changing its values continuously.
Alienbeing

Thank You
-Given: 68
-Receive: 45

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 08:59:20 20:59 »

Just my opinion but wouldn't it be easier just to buy a data acquisition card? I bought a National Instruments PCI-MIO-16-E4 (PCI-6040) for less the $200.00 US currency on Ebay and it works just great.  I use the same card at work with an SCXI-1000 unit to acquire data on Loadcells, accelerometers, and potentiometers (angular measurements). Have to also think about instrumentation amplification, filtering, and how to handle bridge configuration of these devices. I was looking to buy a National Instruments USB data acquisition unit for my laptop. I see a few every now and then on Ebay for a good price.

Alienbeing
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 541
-Receive: 408

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:36 22:15 »

it is so easy to do with a PIC and a (Eprom if needed) and then use excel to import the data,

you can set a routine up to take samples every 1, 5, 10,15,20 minutes either upload straight to excel or eprom then excel. using the A/d you can store up to 8 channels using a 16f877. I've not used LAbView so how you would do it that why i would not be sure off.
I know you can do it with excel have a look here

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/software_plxdaq.asp

so why $200 when you can make your own for $20-$30 bux

wizpic
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:19:30 22:19 by Wizpic » Logged

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
abbas1707

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:00 05:35 »

Actually i collected data in vb,made front panel and data base in vb and then transferred values from vb to Labview to plot graphs on Labview.
if u wana do like this  then i can help u Wink

shaiqbashir

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 12:55:57 12:55 »

Thank U Mr. Wizpic and Mr. Abbas:

FIrst of all i would like to say to MR. Alienbig that it is not easy for a student to spend 200$ especially when $ is a such a big currency in your country. THanks for ur PRECIOUS suggestion Sir.

Abbas! i would really like to know how did u do ur project using Vb and LABVIEW together. I shall be thankful to u if u provide me good details about that.

Wizpic im checking your download right now. I hope that it would really prove to be a good choice. About labview i would like to say that i know how to configure it thru serial port. It was just the matter of providing multiple sensor readings in a continuous monitoring style. Can u provide me some more good suggestions about making a more efficient data acquisition system.

Regards,

Shaiq Bashir
abbas1707

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 04:22:34 16:22 »

main panels were on vb, msflex grid on vb was connected to MSAccess data base file..Gsm mobile was also added to acquire data  in wireless fashion. then data of all sensors were given to Labview by importing Labview library in vb.new panel was built on Labview to plot graphs for all sensors.dats all Grin Grin Grin

Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 541
-Receive: 408

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 06:27:18 18:27 »

I know it can be done I have only just played with the samples that come with it, it wsa easy to convert them to PBP.

But I would say it would be easy to alter to siut your needs, if you use PBP then just the the A/D command then sned that out insted of the the other stuff

just a a delay for 1 mintue or 2 depending how often you want to send data to PC, I've not looked inot the eprom part yet but have a project up and coming that need eprom. so this would be cool

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
madmax

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 1

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 05:36:19 17:36 »

Sounds like a nice project! I'd like to be able to make something like that to be able to export voltage readings from a test fixture to a PC. Does anyone know of any PIC project where the PIC communicates to the PC through WINWEDGE?
-MadMax
smarttric
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 12:18:52 12:18 »

PCI Express System Architecture
By Don Anderson
http://rapidshare.com/files/3788084/0321156307.zip
mick

Thank You
-Given: 1993
-Receive: 119

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 09:07:03 21:07 »

Hi
 Any 1 here with WINWEDGE software to share ?

thanks
lillbear

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 182

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 10:46:15 10:46 »

it is so easy to do with a PIC and a (Eprom if needed) and then use excel to import the data,

you can set a routine up to take samples every 1, 5, 10,15,20 minutes either upload straight to excel or eprom then excel. using the A/d you can store up to 8 channels using a 16f877. I've not used LAbView so how you would do it that why i would not be sure off.
I know you can do it with excel have a look here

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/software_plxdaq.asp

so why $200 when you can make your own for $20-$30 bux

wizpic

well working link below
http://www.parallax.com/ProductInfo/Microcontrollers/PLXDAQDataAcquisitiontool/tabid/393/Default.aspx

yours

Posted on: August 14, 2008, 11:37:10 11:37 - Automerged

maybe someone have "patch" Smiley for this... Stamp Plot Software Graphing Utility by Selmaware

StampPlot Lite is an application for plotting, indication, logging, and control of serial data from a BASIC Stamp® microcontroller.  It is fully configurable from the controller.

StampPlot Lite has the following features:

* Fully configurable from the BASIC Stamp® microcontroller.
    * Selector for BS1 or BS2.
    * Plots one channel of analog and up to 8 channels of digital data.
    * Data may be stored in test files for importing into other applications.
    * Free for distribution and use!

http://www.selmaware.com/stampplot/home.htm

or

SelmaDAQ™, Microcontroller Data Acquisition for Excel®
Graph or plot in real time with interactivity with the controller

http://www.selmaware.com/selmaDAQ/home.htm

yours
wacksbaby
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 10:07:43 22:07 »

I have tried developing one before using PIC and Zilog Encore. It can be directly interface to Excel, LabVIEW or both systems with real-time monitoring. The only limitation is the number of samples it can transfer per second. For the Excel part you just need to know some VBA programming which is similar to VB.
ravenfeather

Thank You
-Given: 1126
-Receive: 591

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:20:58 16:20 »

Hi,
DS1616 form dallas semiconductors is an interesting chip  - data acquisition system with 3 ADC.All it needs to work is to configure some parameters and start it.
mfaradhy
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 01:11:14 01:11 »

hi, I'm form indonesia
I've managed to make my own adc, PIC 16F877a and connected tru max 232, and can communicate realtime using labview 8.6 just mail me = [email protected] and i'll give u the source code , PS if u want the c languange for the adc I can give u as well, It works perfectly

Edit: This is a private share, this is not allowed
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:24:32 19:24 by pickit2 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...