Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 10:19:19 10:19

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Which is the best Universal Device Programmer  (Read 11944 times)
riteshjain_82

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 33

« on: January 20, 2009, 09:47:48 09:47 »

Hello
now i am planning to purchase a universal device programmer
there are so many but i am very confuse which is good
my prefer elnec SmartProg2 because lowcost, more device support and three years warrenty

any sugessition?
rajudp

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 3

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:03:51 02:03 »

first check the device suport.
superpro3000u is good but you have to check your requirments first(devices to program)
i am using all-11 that supports all my needs
riteshjain_82

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:51:47 10:51 »

there is also a good progremmer GALEP-5
at very low cost with usb supply only
but it is the good choise?
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4176

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 12:19:33 12:19 »

I would say "what devices do you need to program"
Universal programmers are not cheap.
A few years ago we bought a Stag programmer, and when ever we needed to program a new device /or one we did not use often, we would spent an age looking for details on how to program.
As most of our work was with pic & atmel devices. we bought Picstart (nice that all devices fit in one way - no moving up and down the 40pin socket), and Atmel developers kit. later we bought into ICD2, and later a pickit2 for each person in the workshop.
Total cost of the indevigual programmers (some we have more than one off) was less than 50% of what we paid for the Stag. sad the stag is never brought out of the tool store.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
riteshjain_82

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:04:06 13:04 »

that corect now i am getting the list of devices which i will use then  think about the programmer
yahoo

Thank You
-Given: 56
-Receive: 93

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:30 13:32 »

You never know the list of all used chips. I'm using hundreds of different chips from different manufactures. Yes, some small programmers are cheaper and faster than the universal programmers and are better for development and small production but simetimes for example we need to read some specific memory chip and the cheap stuff doesn't work. If you work mostly with standart components from several manufactures it is better to follow pickit2's advice. In case you don't know but plan for example to unlock second hand car audio systems or whatever activity with unknown manufacture source - better buy good universal programmer. I have several Galep-4, they are good but they use parallel port and that's bad for the laptops. Galep-5 seems to be almost the same and with usb looks much better. You have to have in mind that only the universal programmer is not enough. You have to buy many adapters, the total cost of my additionaly bought adapters is more than 2 times the price of the universal programmer and I don't have all I need. Many times I'm duing sockets by myself.
Keep in mind for example that Pickit2 is 3-10 times faster than Galep-4 for pics for 1/10 of the price and you have support for all the pics in advance not to wait months until you get support from the busy universal programmer guys working on so many chips from so many manufactures with possible bugs.
sohel

Thank You
-Given: 166
-Receive: 149

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 02:36:41 14:36 »

Its very hard to find any universe  Huh
u may try labtool which support 70% programming chip.
http://www.aec.com.tw/
cosyne
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 12:29:38 12:29 »

I use Wellon universal programmer.
Chinese but very good and good online support. Regular software updates.
I have v480 but I regret I didn't bought v980.

http://www.weilei.com.cn/indere.htm
pramodjaipur

Thank You
-Given: 17
-Receive: 4

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 10:44:00 10:44 »

www.elnec.com

The world #1 True Universal Device Programmer.

Don't go with any other, If you don't have any experiance, go to elnec only.

If you have experiance, try the elnce and rate it your own.

Why i am rating # 1, because i have experaince with multi brand, and after using elnce, i feel why I have not try this earlier.

Very Fast and User Friendly. All the most all chips.

Good support >> As you not required any time.

Very good software and stable too.

Program 1 chip or thousands in one day, each time you will feel enjoy.

Little expensive but worth it.  Better you bargain with suppler.

I am using beeprog+ model
myheadhurts

Thank You
-Given: 99
-Receive: 17

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:50:00 16:50 »

another vote for Galep by conitec.de..I've got versions 3 and 4 and found them to be excellent.May have to get a v5 next time I change laptops..Rob
yahoo

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 10:02:28 22:02 »

I also found some of the upper programmers to be good enough for me. I need USB replacement for my Galep-4 but maybe I will buy Galep-5 because I already have many adapters for Galep-4 that can be used with version 5. Please count the price of the adapters because in total they will cost much much more than the programmer itself.
yahoo

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 03:33:19 15:33 »

Finaly I selected two programmers to be close enough to my needs and at the same time they are one of the best universal programmers on the market - BeeProg+ from Elnec and 3000U from Xeltek. It was not so easy to select which one to buy, they both are very good. I decided to buy 3000U because I needed more chips supported, stand alone mode for small production and expandable universal pins just in case for future high pin count chips (up to 100). I found many cheap adapters for it in ebay. I'm still looking for schematic diagrams of adapters for Xeltek.
pramodjaipur

Thank You

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 01:33:30 13:33 »

Finaly I selected two programmers  one of the best universal programmers in the market - BeeProg+ from Elnec only

Download the Beeprog+ and Xeltek software from the web, and install on your pc, you will know which is the best.

few Number of chip count might be more in Xeltek, but all latest will be available with Beeprog+ too.

The speed is superb in Beeprog + with very very user friendly approach to program many chips together. 

yahoo

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 03:08:19 15:08 »

The speed is superb in Beeprog +

I didn't see Beeprog+ to be faster! There is no data for equal devices but check the following:

Beeprog+
MX28F640C3BT (parallel Flash)   400000Hx16 (64 Mega)   programming and verify   48.2 sec.

3000U
Intel 28F320W18 (1.8 volts 32Mbit) at 18 seconds (13 sec for program and 5 sec for verify).

These are almost the same memories but the first one is with two times bigger than the second one expecting to be programmed two times slower. It appears that we have 24 seconds for Beeprog+ and 18 seconds for 3000U. That means 3000U is 25% faster than Beeprog+.

I need stand alone programming(preparing product files in CF card inside the programmer) which is not available in Beeprog+. Also 3000U can be used for high volume production connecting many programmers to one pc. User defined chip testing patterns are also good stuff to test chips and logic circuits.

I know that when you buy a programmer you think that is the best one but there are many many other good programmers and in some field of application they can be better than the one we have.

Anyway both are very good!
pramodjaipur

Thank You

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:01:32 12:01 »

Elnec is defiantly more stable and software is very user friendly.  Earlier when i purchased Elnec that time i comperied both the products and installed the software in my pc without hardware, and found elnec is better.

Also they have "Yes" button on the programmer, it will give you extra speed for multi programming.

Finest www.elnec.com web site they have, offering 3 years warranty.

You are right other products might me good. but till now i seen only elnec is good.

I am suggesting you, it is up to you to decide.
pramodjaipur

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 04:44:35 16:44 »

I use Wellon universal programmer.
Chinese but very good and good online support. Regular software updates.
I have v480 but I regret I didn't bought v980.

http://www.weilei.com.cn/indere.htm

After your reference i visited to see the universal programmers, and found the 8051 ICE, they are offering very good ICE >> some patented technology "Great & Surprised"  :obut on the feature side it is very good and prices are very very good.

I am searching ICE for on the other Topic > http://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?topic=21528.0

this sonsivri forum is really doing good job.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...