Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:06:03 10:06

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 'Thank You' Posts  (Read 3217 times)
FriskyFerret

Thank You
-Given: 513
-Receive: 360

Put it in, take it out.

« on: May 13, 2008, 04:07:54 04:07 »

For new users, have the applicant type a line on the registration form thus:
I HAVE READ THE FORUM RULES AND WILL NOT POST USELESS 'THANK YOU' MESSAGES. Validate the input field for an exact string match.

Or require them to state that or a similar sentence in their activation email.

I once joined an exclusive forum who had a very strict rule against reposting certain sensitive information elsewhere. The mod made you type out the three main rules of the forum that must not be broken in your application email. They had to be in order with no spelling errors or mistakes. Nobody on that forum could claim ignorance of the most important rules.

Dancing pants and leotards, that's what I'm talkin' about!
mbandala

Thank You
-Given: 130
-Receive: 305

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:16:37 13:16 »

I think that is a good idea, but probably not so straightforward to implement. I personally made the mistake of posting "Thank you" when I joined the forum, but it wasn't because I didn't read the rules, it was because I got confused when I so so many "thank you" in old posts. So I thought it wasn't very bad to break that rule. However when I saw the sentence "You are not allowed to view links, check the Announcements Board" it took me a little while to figure out what I needed to do.

I guess that many guys join the forum because they what to see juicy links straightaway. They are so desperate to download stuff that they don't stop to think why the are asked to check the Announcement Board. So most of them end up posting useless "why" questions.

I suggest to insert a direct link to the Announcements Board instead of the sentence "You are not allowed to view links, check the Announcements Board". If you think about that, it will work because they want to click on link to "something" the really want and when they do, they'll end up in the Announcements Board section automatically...

Feel free to press "thank you" if you think you have found something useful! -^
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:24:05 15:24 »

I try and delete any old thank you and dead posts I find, but there are so many out there. Its hard keeping up with the foolish posts made this week.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...