Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:30:07 06:30

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: I am looking for input on choice of building audio amplifier  (Read 2148 times)
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 606
-Receive: 265

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2024, 07:51:15 19:51 »

i am here sharing a reversed eng. pcb from the pdf document
file
both copied layers are the same one copied to the other the pads are separately added

top layer from file 1, bottom layer is remade from top layer

amplifier

pcb 2

pplease be aware this is the first time im was trying rev. eng
i wasnt in trying to modify the "scanned" layer i do not know why
but  i could delete layer from tp overlay but no modifications

since i set the clearnce to -1 to be able to route between ads since there is no netlist
i cant check if there are any issues with clearance.

al made with latest altium designer
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:59:00 19:59 by sphinx » Logged

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 960

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2024, 11:05:19 11:05 »

i am here sharing a reversed eng. pcb from the pdf document
What was your process? And also how do plan to source the the MOSFET transistors. At least 2SK537 can be somewhat tricky to get. Not impossible though

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2024, 02:31:43 14:31 »

first i deleted the unessesary stuff in photoshot and only had the pcb info

i then cropped out the the two parts tracks in one the rest with placement info

selected the layer where i wanted to import to

then i saved them to svg format and rightclicked on pcb selected placement and selected graphics, selected an are of similar size
when trying svg format i had issues with ragged edges i then tried png and reoslution got better

the i scaled it by selecting all and then right click select unions and then click resize unions
then click on the imported and and white dots apperar pulling them changes the scale
(for some reason i wasa not able to edit the imported stuff)

to be able to connect between pads without a netlist one needs to set cleareance to -1
then create/route/copy the new tracks and polygons on another layer

when importing top overlay parts it seemed to wrk even if there was some greyscaled part in it
it seems that AD likes white and black (dont know much about this)

i am going to try repair my onkyo before building something, i just wanted to try this method of
rev eng of making a pcb so that whay i made this

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2024, 04:40:12 16:40 »

I am going to try repair my onkyo before building something, i just wanted to try this method of
rev eng of making a pcb so that whay i made this
If you find the Gerber file for this design. You could try reverse engineer using this method. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MgdCoAoiU
The Gerber file can be downloaded from Elektor. But that requires paid membership (Green or Gold) I am working recreating the schematics. I am almost done with amp part

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2024, 06:38:44 18:38 »

here are the gerbers, to me those look a bit weird compare to those mae with ad

i git some issues using those in ad
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 07:29:29 19:29 by sphinx » Logged

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2024, 04:40:10 16:40 »

If you find the Gerber file for this design. You could try reverse engineer using this method. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MgdCoAoiU
The Gerber file can be downloaded from Elektor. But that requires paid membership (Green or Gold) I am working recreating the schematics. I am almost done with amp part

did you get the gerber files to work ?

Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2024, 06:22:11 18:22 »

did you get the gerber files to work ?
Well yes or no I got them to work partly. The aperture values was 10 times to big. But using the unit tenths(1/10000 inch) all worked perfectly. The drl file has also the same problem. Everything is then times bigger than it should

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2024, 06:46:29 18:46 »

that looks he(two hockeysyicks) of alot better than to thoe i looked at from the original files, i did a lot of work unessesary

but i still pretty much a newb with pcb design, no i need to figure out what aperture is and what it does.

can you just explain wht is the difference between G0 and G2 file they look kinda the same

and i am going to get gerbview to see what it can do, seen it but not used it

G0 G2 one of those is bottom overlay and the other one is the drill file is my guess
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 07:33:17 19:33 by sphinx » Logged

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2024, 10:30:23 22:30 »

i trying to make a netlist i got so far, i am get"Netlist extraction error: no tools defined in NC tools table. Please define the tools before proceeding."
seems to be the drill file but whatever i choose i cant come past this one

any suggestions

just for s n giggles i change d the layers to solder paste layer and i got past the error now got i netlist
but i think a drill file is needed or this needs to be done manually place pads

at least i can export to pcb

since this is the first time doing in am really not sure what i am doing

but i a couple of days i will be a suppa duppa mastah on rev eng Wink

i am attaching the files i got so far

i just renamed the file so i could remember which one was what

the issues i got now is that i got only top and bottom layear but i see the top overlay but its not shown, gotta figure out this one now
i tried to export and then import the layers but this did not work it just added the layers i manually added but still not showing all other layers

i think i messed up on this one seems the board is like .4 x .56 inches big and to my knowledge there are no miniature cmponents on this board
back to the drawing board
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 12:51:33 00:51 by sphinx » Logged

Flex

Thank You
-Given: 167
-Receive: 127

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2024, 06:38:23 06:38 »

May be this website will provide maximum support for designing Audio system with various projects since 2001

Welcome to ESP, the home of DIY audio and electronics articles, and PCBs for popular projects.  Electronics is a wonderful hobby, and with DIY there is a huge scope to get the best performance for less money than otherwise.  DIY is fun and educational, and by building your own audio equipment, you get to learn electronics as well as build equipment that may cost a great deal more in the shops.  ESP is committed to providing high quality projects that are known to work, printed circuit boards (PCBs) for the most popular projects, and to assist you if necessary to complete or debug your project.  There is a very wide range of power amplifiers, preamps, guitar/ bass amplifiers, studio equipment, effects, and other projects to build, including loudspeakers, subwoofers, and many others.

https://sound-au.com/index.html
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2024, 10:36:05 10:36 »

this what i get when importi the drill file

Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2024, 11:08:47 11:08 »

this what i get when importi the drill file
This file should work. At the time of importing. You MUST check the units. Camtastic if full of bugs and this is one of them.
So the units dialog you should use is this
Digits 3:4
Units Metric
Zero Supression None
Type Absolut

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2024, 11:30:27 11:30 »

new screenshot

Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2024, 12:50:27 12:50 »

new screenshot
Close but no cigar I would say Tongue Well in this case the Gerber files is in English units
The settings are
2:3
English
Absolute
none
When importing you can select several files as long as the setting is the same
So go to tables->Layers and do this
and tables->Layers Order and do this (think about it looking at the PCB from above)
First at this point you will be able to extract the netlist

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2024, 01:45:42 01:45 »

no matter on what i try i get the same results with a .4' x .5" size
the drill seems to be the right i measured and there are 100mils between the ic pad drills

well i have gotten the files using my first try with netlist and so am satisfied with
those, i never fiddled with gerbers before so this is all not famliar to me

Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2024, 04:36:33 16:36 »

Cry
no matter on what i try i get the same results with a .4' x .5" size
the drill seems to be the right i measured and there are 100mils between the ic pad drills

well i have gotten the files using my first try with netlist and so am satisfied with
those, i never fiddled with gerbers before so this is all not famliar to me
It turns out it was I who goofed up badly, By sending files with the wrong scaling. I feel ashamed Cry Shocked. They was from early in the process and at that that point since well they looked good. I assumed they was correct. You must be a nitpick when dealing with this. measure twice cut once. See the rar file and the readme.txt file. In the rar file I have also included a schematic of the amp. It is very early in the process. And it is a total mess regarding values,ref_des, and pkg_types. Only the symbols is correct. But it is a start
Edit if you wonder where I found the Gerber data it was from the .rep file. They will change for every project of course
Edit_2 If any want to know the video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MgdCoAoiU. Also note the process du not understand that all the square pads actually are pads. And just omit these these as drilled holes/pads
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:57:10 16:57 by Sideshow Bob » Logged

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2024, 12:12:00 00:12 »

When i learned a tiny bit more about gerbers i started to realize the size and not matter what i did i just couldnt get em to fit.
I know i have a tiny bit of ocd, but this wasnt about that it was about the difference in size, since my knowlegde of gerber is far
behind newb so not figuring out why they did size didnt match, no matter of what i did they just wouldnt match. So thats why
i gave up.

sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2024, 09:18:12 09:18 »

i am here sharing all the files about crescendo millenium all done in AD_24.3.1

there are 5 folders
crescendo millennium
this where it all started with importing of files into pcb

crescendo millennium from gerbers
this where all the work was done and is those that are the latest

crescendo millennium from gerbers cam
here there was scaling issues from gerber files not to be used

crescendo millennium from gerbers pb
here is the tiny protection board made separately since there was not many komponents here

crescendo millennium from gerbers zsb
files made by SideShowBob only the schematics.

have fun with it
/sphinx

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...