Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:51 16:02

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mind Game - Help?  (Read 2509 times)
persiangulf
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:25 18:03 »

Hey, I'm sure many of you have seen that new game which involves using ekg/eeg sensors and a ball, whereby 2 people sitting opposite to each other will try to still their mental acitivity and win the game. The ball will move towards the person who has his mind most at ease.

I'm trying to replicate this, but haven't found any material to help me, except an EKG schematic without any guidance on how to make the sensors.

The game is also being sold under the name "MindBall" by http://www.bio-medical.com/ at $24,000. We all know that most stupid priced products are not because of the manufacturing costs, but because they either have a monopoly or they need to recuperate their design/setup costs.

I hope you guys can help me create a replica, hopefully to allow others to innovate on the game by making other types of games using the same concept as well as allowing people with less money to be able to have a bit of mental fun.

I'm sure many of you are also interested in this, and if we can work together, we can create a DIY guide for this game and also use the concept for other purposes, e.g. mind training applications etc.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks
hugo
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 02:30:20 02:30 »

Have you considered a system where the sensor that goes around the forehead is connected to the computer through some amplifiers?
You can do all the programming on a PC, which will make the intial design much easier
TomJackson69

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 63

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 01:48:09 01:48 »

Have you considered a system where the sensor that goes around the forehead is connected to the computer through some amplifiers?
You can do all the programming on a PC, which will make the intial design much easier

Hello,

I think Hugo is right. You properly can design a system for lower cost with the same feature. Think about all this source:

1. Your skin (cheap and easy but some errors reading)
2. Your heart beat (cheap and easy maybe some errors reading)
3. Chemical change on your skin
4. Signal from your brain to some parts of your body

We know our heart beat will slow down if we are at rest and may be even slower if our mind is relax. For begin, I think you can try to measure heat-beat and use a PIC to do the calculation; since you have only two person to compare, it should be easy. For accuration, I don't think it will be because the heart beat only change so much.

How about combination of both heart beat and body sweath?

How about doing the opposite way of relaxing; you want the most active person win the game???

Need more input from all member.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
Dr Caos
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:53:01 06:53 »

Do you know the name of the game?
OleRuffo

Thank You
-Given: 36
-Receive: 9

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 04:47:32 04:47 »

Interesting!
As far as i can see from the images in the site, the system makes a very coarse activity cerebral measure. I mean, to do a complete brain mapping (involving all the brain areas) you need around 24 sensors and some of them are far away of the game head bands.
Is important to note that in a real brain map, the heart beat is not taked in account at all, just the very low frequency waves ( under 100 Hz) around the cerebral cortex.
So... i can imagine that the bands are taking in account just the frontal lobe (Higher cerebral conscient activity) btw the one damaged in most of the serial killers  Shocked. If i'm not wrong, this area controls some body movements as well (the eyes following a light, the tongue and so on) but not shure.
then...you can start to create a low pass filter and a very good aplification and see it with an oscilloscope, use some "volunteers" (aka family, lol ) with diverse stress, anger, happyness, etc levels, move the electrods around the frontal area to get the right spot ( use special gel to make a good contact with skin),  then you can choose the game "rules" since they are a bit arbitrary and depends of what one choose to take in account, isolate the "good waves" and then you have the tip of the iceberg.
Just a humble input about this interesting project.
Cheers
ens_audio
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 382
-Receive: 0

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 07:39:18 19:39 »

I would love to somehow participate in this kind of project for that I already have some years of informal self study on the subjects of neuroscience and all, but now in the past couple of years been learning more and more on the "engineering" end of things to hopefully prepare myself for a major in biomedical engineering /neurophysiology. 

Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:45:28 23:45 by pickit2 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...