Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:24:21 07:24

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: suggetion in rules of thanx  (Read 3178 times)
tokyo_emb

Thank You
-Given: 144
-Receive: 44

« on: November 01, 2008, 06:57:02 06:57 »

hello engineers, when we post something valueable.which helps a lot of members of sonsivri,we dont get enough encourage or thanx for that post.like example: i have uploaded one software called mucad. total 19members downloaded the software and got helped but only one member said thanx for it.it seems to me some people just dont wanna say thanx atleaset.when we dont get atleast a thanx from the members,it discourage members to post a new thing,working hard to upload it.i think those who wants to download the software or any books he must say to see the link.if anyone is not interested then he will see the software details but he wont see the url and he wont thanx.but if anyone is interested and download the software or books he must press the thanx botton to see the link.so that we can understand how many members got helped by our one post.if anyone think that this rule should be implemented then please post under this topic.thanking you all the members of sonsivri. long live sonsivri.
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:49:56 01:49 »

yes I think the thank you button is not used as often as it should, warning don't work, but good thinking on the use of you don't see link without a thank you, but one problem is you need to download and see if thank you is earned.

another use would be ' you post a e-book link ' to you know what. [the one that RS always deletes] then after a few hours.
you get a PM with the link. so no thank you no link.
This will work only if the code used for the forum could do it. and the site owner wants it that way.

Another point is if you download a file you should be on a list [the thank you button list] if your on this list you must try to reup on request from a user [This user must have a good track record of thank yous & a good forum user] not one of the many street beggers this forum has.
Also a good way of getting a good reputation on the forum. [adopt a puppy ..... opps adopt a file]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:02:08 01:02 by pickit2 » Logged

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
bbarney

Thank You
-Given: 405
-Receive: 545

Uhm? where did pickit put my mute button

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 03:24:48 15:24 »

I like the idea of being on a list after downloading than you could see who all the leeches are and post them in the sin-bin
TODAYS TOP LEECHERS ARE --  FRED,BURT,ERNIE

Ever wonder why Kamikaze pilot's wore helmet's ?
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:58:37 21:58 »

Enforcing people to your way isn't a good solution. I mean when you need "so that we can understand how many members got helped by our one post" you just can't enforce them into click something. Sharing has its own habits, not easy to change as you say. I am sure there will be members asking "where is the link", "its fake post"...

By the way, our content (messages and links) are supplied for everyone (registered or guest). Your asking only works on members, we cannot control guests. So even we do want, we cannot apply it.

- Houston, we have a problem.
bbarney

Thank You
-Given: 405
-Receive: 545

Uhm? where did pickit put my mute button

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:18:17 22:18 »

I'am sure that there are lot's of people who just forget to hit the thank you but are none the less grateful for the file.
If the only reason somebody here is uploading files so they can see how many thank you's they can accumulate than they have done so for the wrong reason's and picked the wrong place  Grin
While it's frustrating at times thinking nobody is grateful it's just the way it was, the way it still is, and most likely to remain forever so after you uploaded take a second and pat yourself on the back and think I probably helped someone out of a jam and forget about it

Ever wonder why Kamikaze pilot's wore helmet's ?
tokyo_emb

Thank You
-Given: 144
-Receive: 44

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:32:31 05:32 »

ok if you dont wanna make it must have to click then its ok.but can sonsivri moderators make a system that will count how many times it was downloaded.that list can help the uploader and also the users to understand that how many people downloaded it and how much helpful the post is.the number of viewer is something like that but viewing can be make large by posting a attractive subject of the post.it doesnt mean the post is really important.so why dont u guys make a count of how many times the link were hit. thanking you all
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...