Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:21:24 03:21

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pic 16f628 problem  (Read 4698 times)
mick the mend

Thank You
-Given: 109
-Receive: 101

« on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:18 20:38 »

Has anyone any idea why I am getting 2v on most pins of a pic16f628 and nothing else? ie. no data or clock on anything even though the code seems to work if I use proteus or flowcode. I am using A TOP2004 programmer which works fine with other chips and different code.
The code was created and compiled with Flowcode.

Cheers

Mike
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:48 00:09 »

need more info

What have you done last?
Did the programming verifies ok?
Did you use Analog?  if not did you turn analog off?
did you set the fuse correctly to the oscillator type?

There are a lot of things you may have done wrong, but we definitely cannot guess for you.
So give more concise info.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
TomJackson69

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 63

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:23:19 02:23 »

Hello Mick,

What do you think you are doing? Reading your post on topic "Event sequencer " you said you don't know how to program, not even a bit.

http://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?topic=13910.0

"..............................................
Hi all you PIC people
I wnder if some kind soul can help me?
I have a project on the go which involves 10 sequencial  logic level outputs with presetable times on each of the output pins
I imagine it would be very easy to do with a PIC chip if you know how. Unfortunately I don't know even basic programming so I was hoping that someone would take up the challenge.
I don't know what the times are yet so I would need very simple instructions as to how to set and change them.
Once the correct times are set they never need changing
I have access to a PIC programmer so have no problem with the hardware
No doubt I could learn how to do the programming, I simply don't have the time.

Thanks for any help

Mike
"................................................................

Well, you don't even know a basic of prgraming plus YOU DON'T HAVE TIME to LEARN then you come here for other people do a 100% work for you? I think that is too much for asking. I think you should spend time to learn, design circuit, learn how to program then if you have problem; you state clearly what your problem are and prove your work than, I think more peoples will help you.

I can help you with the "Event sequencer " if you show your work.

I think zokij gave you the best solution because you only want to be able to change the times.

You may feel offenced but, this is my constructive suggestion.

Regards,

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
cengiz_ayten

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:09:18 00:09 »

Has anyone any idea why I am getting 2v on most pins of a pic16f628 and nothing else? ie. no data or clock on anything even though the code seems to work if I use proteus or flowcode. I am using A TOP2004 programmer which works fine with other chips and different code.
The code was created and compiled with Flowcode.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike. You must check your code. 16f628 pins are comes as an analog inputs. If you want to use them as digital I/O pins You must use "CMCON" register.  If you write in to CMCON register "7", then all of pins work as digital I/O.
Regards.
tAhm1D

Thank You
-Given: 103
-Receive: 180

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:09:13 16:09 »

Hi Mike,
Follow what cengiz_ayten has said. If you use all the i/o pins as digital i/o, please disable comparator by putting b'111' or 0x07 to CMCON Register during initialising phase in your code. Then use TOP 2004 Programmer. Top 2000 Programmer can program Pic 16F628 but can create problem with Pic 16F628A.
Top Series Programmer from China are not very reliable. You may try to construct one easily. You can follow Free Oshonsoft software and sketch from its WebSite and can construct one with very nominal cost.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...