Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:17 00:22

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: help on wireless plz  (Read 4299 times)
adinand1024
« on: January 26, 2008, 03:30:27 15:30 »

i need to build a combat robot for a competition and it should be wirelessly controlled ... . I will be using the 8051 uc for controlling all the actuators , but i don't know how to use the wireless kit .. also , how how should i judge whether to use RC or IR ??

so can u sujjest me some weblinks from where i can get info on this....
edi14_10

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 7

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:59:29 18:59 »

What kind of wireless kit that you use? you can use RC transmitter-receiver to control your robot. not much modification needed. just take the digital value from the receiver IC. Wink
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 606
-Receive: 265

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:26:27 22:26 »

put your mind on building ur robot and get some kind of radiocontrol made for models, u might find good ones pretty cheap 2 channels and up FM or AM, i asked some time ago about schematics for such some time ago but noone seemed to have any info  so i could build one myself. so u better get some already made.

regards

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
witsanukai

Thank You
-Given: 13
-Receive: 9

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:37:43 06:37 »

If you need to use wireless and you can communicate by rs232 you can send by this module (from laipac), i ever used with AVR control range more than 70meter

http://www.e-dsp.com/how-to-build-your-own-wireless-receiver-and-transmitter-device-create-rf-in-your-embedded-application/
johanb_85
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 02:40:08 14:40 »

We did a similar project at university, but the task of the robot was to make a map of an unknown room. We used a bluetooth module. It had RS-232 in TTL levels connected to the AVR microcontroller. And on the PC side we used a standard USB dongle. The bluetooth module worked as a simple "usb serial cable". That solution was very stable and worked in rather long distance.
bogdantk

Thank You
-Given: 40
-Receive: 18

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 02:56:46 14:56 »

Hello
I used in a project Sena Parani SD100 modules
http://www.sena.com/products/industrial_bluetooth/bluetooth_serial_adapter/parani_sd/
They work as an RS232 cable and after pairing devices no one can tamper with you line.
The power is also easy to provide through the RS232 connector. Very fast too we were able
to use 56 Kbps at more than 75 m in open air with 0 errors (I checked the link with a dedicated software for
more than 12 hours).
I think a good choice.

tension885
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:49 05:21 »

yes u can use rf controlled robot.u can get transmitter ,receiver from toy cars
jim_17
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 03:40:59 15:40 »

I think that Rf controller can be a good idea but ir may be also a good idea because IR isn't used so much, then you won't have interference problems Smiley
Tricky Nekro

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 1

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:25:55 21:25 »

Why to make things complicated... They are simple...

First of all... IR - no way man... Forget it, you need both reliability and range... IR are very cheap but lack this essential in a robot fight

Secondly, Why not to buy a RC remote and receiver, as for RC helicopters, cars, boats, etc...
Having a microcontroller in your end project means that you can read pulses...

Thirdly, remember to KISS (keep it simple stupid) this enforces to everyone...
RF can be a hell if you are dealing with el chipo RF modules... For me LINX is trust able... ( I do NOT advertise, never)

Forth, here comes the big guns... Battle bots actuators, weapon actuators and so on, generate sparks, lot's of sparks...
Can you microcontroller keep up? Depends on you --->

Cheers,
Lefteris
mikisoft
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 0

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 05:28:40 17:28 »

I think BLUETOOTH is the best choose for you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...