Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:07:55 00:07

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: using a digital photo frame as a security monitor  (Read 4175 times)
darksky

Thank You
-Given: 183
-Receive: 5

« on: July 11, 2008, 04:09:14 16:09 »

I have an idea to use a low cost digital photo frame as a security monitor.  I need to know how to make a video to memory card converter.

Is it possible to do?
Alienbeing

Thank You
-Given: 68
-Receive: 45

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:28:28 20:28 »

There are 7 inch LCD monitors which accept both Pal and NTSC video inputs for security or mobile applications such as rear view display in automobiles. I have one my self. They were pretty costly acouple years ago but you can find them pretty cheap now at some electronics parts retailers. The video picture frames can display only a single image at a time and don't think they would be fast enough to display 15 or more frames per/sec. I was just looking at a few of these picture frames that display images from memory cards and they were pretty expensive (over $100.00 US) where I live. I could pick up a small LCD video display monitor for less that already accepts direct video inputs.

Alienbeing
sixteen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 01:14:18 01:14 »

Dear Darksky,You can use the dPF solution with aux video in,the video in signal input to the TFT display buffer frame directly.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...