Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:02:27 15:02

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Proton+ Tcp/IP with ENC28J60  (Read 7439 times)
raraavis

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 12

Buenos Aires - Argentina

« on: April 23, 2008, 03:41:46 15:41 »

I need example protocol tcp/ip (no Udp) in Proton handling Enc28j60.
chacacampeon

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 21

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 03:55:22 15:55 »

I was looking for tcp/ip in the crownhill forum, I don't find anything.
If someone have something please share it with us.
Thanks
raraavis

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 12

Buenos Aires - Argentina

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:07:25 16:07 »

In the Forum of Crownhill (www.picbasic.org ) only there are examples of connection UDP.
I want to communicate a Pic from Internet using a Web page  for that reason I need tcp/ip

thanks.  Cheesy

Ret12_12

Thank You
-Given: 104
-Receive: 32

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 10:42:30 22:42 »

hi,

Can someone please explain what is the UDP and what is the TCP/IP ?

hemlig
Translator

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 50

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:48:34 22:48 »

@Ret12_12

Here is some information about the protocols:

The Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) is one of the core protocols of the Internet protocol suite. TCP provides reliable, in-order delivery of a stream of bytes, making it suitable for applications like file transfer and e-mail. It is so important in the Internet protocol suite that sometimes the entire suite is referred to as "the TCP/IP protocol suite." TCP is the transport protocol that manages the individual conversations between web servers and web clients. TCP divides the HTTP messages into smaller pieces, called segments, to be sent to the destination client. It is also responsible for controlling the size and rate at which messages are exchanged between the server and the client.
======================================================================

User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core protocols of the Internet protocol suite. Using UDP, programs on networked computers can send short messages sometimes known as datagrams (using Datagram Sockets) to one another. UDP is sometimes called the Universal Datagram Protocol. The protocol was designed by David P. Reed in 1980.

UDP does not guarantee reliability or ordering in the way that TCP does. Datagrams may arrive out of order, appear duplicated, or go missing without notice. Avoiding the overhead of checking whether every packet actually arrived makes UDP faster and more efficient, for applications that do not need guaranteed delivery. Time-sensitive applications often use UDP because dropped packets are preferable to delayed packets. UDP's stateless nature is also useful for servers that answer small queries from huge numbers of clients. Unlike TCP, UDP is compatible with packet broadcast (sending to all on local network) and multicasting (send to all subscribers).

Common network applications that use UDP include: the Domain Name System (DNS), streaming media applications such as IPTV, Voice over IP (VoIP), Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) and online games.

If it work don't fix it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...