Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:53:51 14:53

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Several channel ultrasonic parking radar/sonar  (Read 2978 times)
htteam
« on: May 28, 2006, 12:19:03 12:19 »

Need schematic for this project. I make a single channel sonar, but have throuble in multi-channel version. Pls. advice.
Best regards.
karpen
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 01:29:50 13:29 »

I'm doing the same thing, and have some thoughts about how to do it. I don't have full schematics ready yet (will post when, if ever Smiley, I'm ready).
But maybe my solution won't work with your design. If you'd post your design, I'd be happy to check if it would work.
tuvoj

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 7

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:35:49 06:35 »

Why not just tri-state the outputs (or open=collector tied) and multiplex single-units with a small micro-controller like a PIC or such...

I have done this with the Parallax Ultrasonic ranging modules, with 4 units on a tri-stated input bus to a PIC '84F which does the multiplex by toggling the enable inputs on each Parallax module, to know which is active output on each serial module scan.

Cheers-Tuvo Grin
ambo

Thank You
-Given: 127
-Receive: 6

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 05:47:34 17:47 »

If you are not a bit concerned about weatherproof sensors, a very good candidate would be a the lv-maxsonar from maxbotix.  It already incorporates a mcu so the output of the sensor as an analog voltage proportional to distance, or as serial data or pwm data.  You can just interface them directly into a mcu to get and process the data immediately.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...