Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:31:16 04:31

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: C Wizards from different tools  (Read 3337 times)
msnm4

Thank You
-Given: 41
-Receive: 11

« on: April 07, 2008, 01:15:12 01:15 »

Hi all!

I am new to this forum and for MCU programming as well. I was checking different C compilers with project wizards to make my life easier. The most interesting material I found ( and from which I wish to share my tests) was with:

- Flowcode V3
- Wiz-C pro V.14
- CCS V.4068

In my opinion, Flowcode is great and easy to use, but lacks of flexibility in case you need a peripheral with another connection than the strictly defined in the components code c files. It doesn´t mean that coding directly in C is not posssible (sourceboostC) but with a different flavour than the one included in Flowcode. Also custom components can be defined, but just only one.

Wiz-C looks also very promissing regarding the initial steps of coding, but I got dissappointed with the demo when I followed step by step the instructions to build up the first project and I got an unexplainable syntax error of something copied exactly as they published it.

In CCS, it seems to have the main advantage of the full freedom to target any possible hardware to test that you might have. Also the tons of snippets around the web helps. It posses a very nice new project wizard which help you to organize your work from the very beginning. I just could notice a repetitive crash when you try to change the look and feel of the IDE. Changing from the new "ribbon" views to classic views. I really don´t know if this is just a bug or a problem in my system.

I hope it helps, and I would also like to hear others opinions because I want to make a final choice and stick with it to study just one C flavours.

regards

msnm4
fabric77

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 31

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:26:15 17:26 »

I made a similar posting titled as: "Automatic Code Generators"

@ http://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?topic=11623.0

Have you checked it?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...