Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:43:48 10:43

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New to Pic Programming  (Read 3855 times)
zk_bamx2
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

« on: February 02, 2008, 04:40:39 16:40 »

Hi everyone.  Am new to pic programming am currently using pic16f84 while my programmer is ql-2005. I have just got the picbasic.  But I am having problems in programming using my programmer my programmer's website is www.pic16.com. can anyone help me interface this? Any help would be great. By the way i also have a demo copy of flowchart but I am also having problems with programming the pic. Can't seem to make the 2 software work together.

Posted on: February 02, 2008, 05:26:53 17:26 - Automerged

Sorry the second program was called flowcode, not flowchart.  But I only have a demo copy.
caveman508

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 6

READ, REAd, REad, Read

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:03:19 09:03 »

zk_bamx2,

Not too sure were you are at in the stages of your first project. 

Please, be a bit more helpful to us.  We want to help.  We need more information in order to help you.

Here is a first question to ask:
"Can your PC talk to the programmer? "

That is, with the software that came with the programmer, can the PC talk to the device (physical) you bought??

OOPs, That just came out, sorry.

The style of this posting is a bit terse for a first question on a new topic

This great collection of minds here on this forum have no previous background of the :
setup / program code samples / configuration and equipment / circuit design / circuit construction

zk_bamx2, I am sorry to bash you with a personal reply, please forgive any felling of a personal attack.

I am making a few general comments: 
We all remember and understand the over-whelming task of taking on a new, big subject. 
With so many variables, this stuff either works, or it doesn't. 
The funny thing is that if ANY thing is wrong, (darn), , ,  it doesn't work. 
You have to have EVERYTHING correct, all at the same time, to make it work.

This work is very detail oriented, reading is the door to experimenting. 

You are on the path to your success by learning something new.

Remember, HAVE FUN.  Take your time, read, ask more questions, and get to know your first project well.

We are all here to help you.

Let us know.

Caveman
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:15:09 09:15 by caveman508 » Logged
zk_bamx2
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:05:44 05:05 »

thanks for the reply caveman.  Yes, my computer can communicate with the programmer.  I previously used assembly language in programming my pic.  Was very successful with that, however, it was very hard for me to do higher level of programming due to the difficulty of using assembly language.

Previously, i have been using Picaxe and was very comfortable with it. But the chip is very expensive and i require a more cost efficient pic.  So i have moved to a new program the picbasic, but i won't communicate with my pic programmer. Hmm..

Have just ordered a pic programmer from pic micro hope this will all be well...

Thanks
caveman508

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 6

READ, REAd, REad, Read

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 07:26:07 07:26 »

zk,

Glad to hear you have done some assembly stuff, that is what it all comes down to, no matter what. 

Now, what we want to hear is "what do you want to do". 
We want to hear what is working and what is not working.

What is it you want to do?  Why do you feel that assembly language is too difficult? 

Be assured, higher level languages can do a lot for you, but sometimes they come with a trouble built in.  As memory goes, it is cheap, and a bit larger PIC to hold a program from a high-level language is worth it, for what it gives you in functionality.  But, it all depends on economy, if you are not building 100K of them, who cares.

As far as the programmer,  most any programming environment will do a raw import of a hex file, all that I have seen do anyway.

What flavor of picbasic are you referring to?  As I said above, related to high-level language, I have a bit of experience with PicBasicPro and it can chew up ROM quick.

http://www.microengineeringlabs.com/

These guys also do a USB programmer (we have one) and it is just AWESOME, I have used it extensively and have had very little trouble at all, it just always works.  One of the Best I have ever used.

Stay in touch

Caveman

JCC
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:41:57 23:41 »

here is a site for pic basic programming for starter http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic1.htm
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...