Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:24:29 11:24

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Scientific Calculator?  (Read 3108 times)
zmakvek
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:59:56 17:59 »

I want to upgrade my handheld scientific calculator due to I need more function for my school.

I need computation with complex matrices, and also famous series in Calculus.

Do you have any advice? And what other features do I should concern for a Electronics student?

SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 07:33:18 19:33 »

I was using casio fx 82 while education. It hadn't function recall (recent calculations you made) but new ones had this option. Also I used it to remember complex equations while exam, yea I cheated (you can save your equations in the memory of calculator).
  • Using alfa (pink letter) keys and memorize your mid-calculations is great. It was like [a(a-b)-b(a+b)] and each a and b having lots of calculations in it. after you calculated and assigned those results to "a" and "b" alpha keys, then point them (simply pointer logic).
  • Regression is nice option. you gave couple of points in calculator and asking it next result. ie: (1, 15) (2, 27) (3, 32) (4, 34) and then you can ask what is value for 5.
  • Its nice option to recalling recent calculations you made, you may consider this.
  • Dot matrix screen and at least 2 lines.

Btw my calculator was cheap, but it was recent. There were expensive casio's exist (fx 5500, fx 6600) but those were old and didn't have these functions. So don't use price as for comparing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:36:28 19:36 by SONSiVRi » Logged

- Houston, we have a problem.
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:45:19 21:45 »

i used hp and texas instrument calculators liked them both my ti-59 was programable as well as my 48gx from hp
i even used casio just doesnt remember the modell i had might have been a fx82 and had a ti-25 too, i am a fan of hp but casio texas might be a bit cheaper so look for a modell that suit your need and the size of your wallet.
also make a choice if u want a graphic calcultor or not there is lots of modell to chose from, make a list of what functions u really need, and a wish list for other extras u might want/need and then look around among the manufacturors and pick the one u like. btw i was mostly using the texas or the casio when i had em sorted most of the stuff out for me,

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 492
-Receive: 359

It's a little funny......

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:26:41 11:26 »

I normally do my work with CASIO fx-991MS. It is really handy for matrix calculation......

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
Jagi

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 12

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:27:34 14:27 »

I have used Casio FX100B and HP 48GX during my undergrad and grad days. Personally, I would go with the HP 48GX, because it is programmable and has also expansion slots to accommodate additional storage memory. Please check with your school if they allow programmable calculators (as most of them don't).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...