Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:25 11:45

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please help to make PCB in Proteus  (Read 8986 times)
TirthankarMukherjee
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:42:35 20:42 »

I have done my project circuit with ISIS6 .. now I need help to make my PCB but I am having problems with Placement and routing, please some one help me to make my PCB. I am  newbie in this field.. any help is welcome.. I have uploaded all my project files in rapidshare... any one can sent me e-mail at [email protected] . If some one, who helps me out uploads the video how he has done it.. (autoplacement and routing) then it would be very helpful for me.
Thanks in Advance...

http://rapidshare.com/files/80781472/project_spriha.rar.html

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:13:41 22:13 by Wizpic » Logged
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 538
-Receive: 408

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:21:43 22:21 »

I think the best thing you can do is try and lay it out in logical order. or at least have ago doing before asking for help. if we do all the work for you will never learn anything in life. Also that would be quite a task has you did not say single or double sided

Have you tried the auto router and setting it up for single sided ?

when you do single sided it may help to place jumper to get over tracks

My advice is have ago at laying it out do some reading then when you get stuck upload the work you have done then mat be we can help but not do all of the work for you but get you past the part you are stuck,

When I design some boards it can take hours to days to weeks to complete and that's a lot of time.

have ago and just think about it first

good luck

wizpic

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
TirthankarMukherjee
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:49:54 22:49 »

I have already done it .. and uploaded my work .. but the problem is that I want to make one sided PCB.. but I am not able to use the auto placement properly .. so some help is needed...
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 10:57:32 22:57 »

I have already done it .. and uploaded my work .. but the problem is that I want to make one sided PCB.. but I am not able to use the auto placement properly .. so some help is needed...

Well when I looked at it it was just a empty space, you need to draw your board out line first. I do not use atuo placer they don't always work same goes for the auto router.

I know you have uploaded your file the schematic is very untidy and there is not one compoment placed and to me it's not asking for help your asking someone to do it for you Now that's bee lazy we all started in the same palce as a newbie

come back when you have done more homework

wizpic

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
Faros

Thank You
-Given: 141
-Receive: 178

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:37:08 02:37 »

Dear Wizpic

I appreciate your sincere effort to help him however, it is not only what you have mentioned that will make help impossible, looking to the component you will find that he all capacitors are 22pf with surface mounted foot print, most of this values are inadequate for such circuit, and even if they were, you will not be able to guess which capacitor’s PCB footprints to use that are available in his country  …

Always incomplete information leads the one who requested it nowhere …

Regards ...

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:53:00 07:53 by Faros » Logged
jeanninemtv

Thank You
-Given: 57
-Receive: 25

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:56:01 02:56 »

i will try to help you too....

check your email box tomorrow...
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:48:25 06:48 »

Faros
I would help him but it just bugs me when people come and sk for help and there look like there is nothing done and they want all seem want people to do it for them, I would love to do it but lack of time may be I was been a bit hard on the guy but like i said you don't learn if you don't try or you will never learn if everybody else does it for you.

Yes your right right about the foot prints but you have to aslo consider other stuf like impedance and what the circuit does and if there is any speacil requirements

wizpic

TirthankarMukherjee
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 05:26:44 17:26 »

I have done some work .. but last time I did not upload it .. as it may confuse you .. as it will not be properly done ... I am uploading it again .. hope you( Wizpic) will appreciate my effort ..

http://rapidshare.com/files/80919780/project_spriha.rar.html

Posted on: January 03, 2008, 01:31:47 13:31 - Automerged

I hope I will get some help from you all senior bros...
i will try to help you too....

check your email box tomorrow...
Thanx a lot bro .. I dont know how to show my gratitude to you....

it is not only what you have mentioned that will make help impossible, looking to the component you will find that he all capacitors are 22pf with surface mounted foot print, most of this values are inadequate for such circuit, and even if they were, you will not be able to guess which capacitor’s PCB footprints to use that are available in his country  …

You got me right ..I am not able to find the the 1uF capacitors..for max232... 1uF and .1uF for 7805... Thanks a lot ...for understanding..

Posted on: January 03, 2008, 05:42:37 17:42 - Automerged

my work update ... please help .....
http://rapidshare.com/files/80984391/project_spriha.rar.html
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 11:58:25 23:58 »

Here is a example of your board auto routed single sided pcb, Now it's not completed or tidied up, I just did it quickly just to see how it goes, to get a better finshish i would start laying some of the components out differently and see how it goes, This is where the good old ways come back into use manual route, the way i would go about it is delete some of the routes and start laying done manual routes then manualy palce jumpers over track, I have used Proteus some time ago but I prefer Alitum it's load better.

Your PCB can be manually routed better I think but it takes time and a lot of practice, don't give up

wizpic

Faros

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 05:21:34 05:21 »

Thank you Wizpic, here is another fast manually placed but AUTO routed version of your board
Zero DRC errors, zero CRC errors 99 mm x 65 mm
Only 2 upper jumpers, Electra is one (if not the finest) routing package

Regards;

Faros

TirthankarMukherjee
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 07:17:32 19:17 »

Many many thanks to both of you ... I will carry on with my process of learning ... with the help of BigBrothers like you all.......... thanks a lot....

Posted on: January 04, 2008, 06:57:08 18:57 - Automerged

Thank you Wizpic, here is another fast manually placed but AUTO routed version of your board
Zero DRC errors, zero CRC errors 99 mm x 65 mm
Only 2 upper jumpers, Electra is one (if not the finest) routing package

Regards;

Faros

As you have cover the unused part of the raw copper with toner ( so that it takes less time to itch) ... can it be also done with proteus also .... ultimately I did my own version also ...with only 2 jumpers as .. you did ... great ... many many thanks for your "kind" help...
Faros

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 05:49:32 05:49 »

Dear TirthankarMukherjee

I didn’t cover the unused parts to safe the etching solution; those are usually cheap; if you give this board a closer look; you will find that such copper is connected to the ground. This is called ground plane.  You will find it in ARES under (tools => ground plane generator). This technique is used to reduce noise in MCU circuits and in analog sensitive circuit as well.

Don’t use this board, I have posted it as an example, you may need to reconsider using all the connectors in your design and change your layout / placement to fit your application in both function and available space dimension. Try to do more practice in ISIS as a schematic capture tool, then as a VSM (virtual simulation module) then only when you are sure that is your board is functional as wished-for (get the component) to make sure that you are using the correct footprint, load it in ARES and have it well placed then routed.

Regards;

FAROS
TirthankarMukherjee
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 05:04:00 05:04 »

Thank You ... I got you point ...I need to spend more time for VSM .. which I over looked till now...

Posted on: January 06, 2008, 08:12:52 08:12 - Automerged

I need some clarifications again ... I am trying to make the PCB for ICSP for PIC. But how can I specify the width of the traces Electra Autorouter ... I will make the PCB by toner transfer method .. so I need the traces to be thick enough... and the trace to trace clearance some more that default.. the default trace style is very thin. I have tried first with Electra .. the tried to mention the clearance and trace style with Ares autorouter ... but all the traces seem not to have same thickness.. why ? For toner transfer method what should be the trace width (T20, T15.. ?) and the clearances ?? Thanks in advance ... please try to help....
Faros

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 09:20:25 09:20 »

I will make a short answer as I have short time today … so you may have to do some digging your self.
Electra is an excellent auto routing software that integrates with ARES for an optimum mathematical solution for complicated routing tasks. Setting about routing has to be predefined before starting auto routing.
Under ARES (system => set strategies)  menu you can change parameters that include (track thickness, no of layers, track to track space … etc). Electra will read those settings and act accordingly. Do this and get back to me ….

Regards
TirthankarMukherjee
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 04:20:42 16:20 »

I did all these ... but the traces are not uniform ... if I set T20 as trace ... electra is providing T20 for some traces and default trace for the others ... I don't know why .

Posted on: January 08, 2008, 02:25:49 14:25 - Automerged

http://rapidshare.com/files/82239058/great.LYT.html

Here goes my file ....
Faros

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 08:20:34 08:20 »

ARES has to different routing strategies according to track type. It has (POWER) strategy and (SIGNAL) strategy. Each one has its own setting for track size, vias …..etc.; so when you open the strategy menu; just make sure that you have the proper setting for both of them. You board looks much better than the first one …. Keep on the good work

A TIP: don’t copper sign your board with your name unless it is finally routed. You have to remove this signature to allow Electra to use that space or else you will have this pass blocked which will result in a less routing distinction.

Regards;
beetlemaniac
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 05:33:00 05:33 »

I have successfully used routing in the ARES module of ISIS with good results. The algorithm takes some time to complete the drawing but the end result is satisfactory.
vsmGuy

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 7

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 10:45:20 10:45 »

Why not use EAGLE ?

Configuration is very easy in this program.

I have used this extensively to make excellent toner transfer boards !
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...