Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:56:28 03:56

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PCB Parasitic estimations  (Read 628 times)
Sat

Thank You
-Given: 35
-Receive: 40

« on: January 31, 2024, 05:43:04 17:43 »

Hi All,

How to estimate the PCB Parasitic Resistance, inductance and trace capacitance values. please suggest any open source or free version tools.

Thanks,
Satya
Magnox

Thank You
-Given: 976
-Receive: 279

Oink!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 10:37:03 22:37 »

I can't recall if Saturn PCB Toolkit has exactly what you need, but if not it's a really useful thing to have in your kit anyway. And... it's free! I've used it for designing striplines etc.

https://saturnpcb.com/saturn-pcb-toolkit/

mexpcb

Thank You
-Given: 35
-Receive: 211

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 06:44:05 06:44 »

If you want to calculate for constant cross section connections (Traces) you will be able to use online tools or tools that can calculate transmission lines. But if you wanted to include parasitic involving planes such as grounds or power you will need a 3D EM simulator or approximations can be made with 2.5D or 2D simulators.
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 656
-Receive: 903

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 10:02:06 22:02 »

What kind of signals are on the traces?

(for the old timers: I can see my shadow today)
optikon
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 1093
-Receive: 2002

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 10:55:01 22:55 »

Hi All,

How to estimate the PCB Parasitic Resistance, inductance and trace capacitance values. please suggest any open source or free version tools.

Thanks,
Satya

OpenEMS is an open source electromagnetic field solver. If it can get you S or Z parameters, you can get to your distributed RLC model.

I have no idea what it can do, but I will take a guess and tell you its probably lousy. Maybe worth a try? If not, I suggest you get a free trial license of a real field solver
like Keysight ADS, CST Studio, AWR, Ansys electronics etc..... any number of commercial products that you can use temporarily are available. You didnt say if this was a one time need or not.

and you know, you can find all of these "fixed" for evaluation / educational purposes only.. The commercial ones I listed, all support importing PCB geometry and stackup for simulation.

PS: Looks like Saturn PCB can do this if you fit into the microstrip transmission line structure.. which is a very specific routing geometry. So there is that.. the full 3D solvers can do this on arbitrary geometries.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 11:01:01 23:01 by optikon » Logged

I can explain this to you. I can't comprehend it for you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...