Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:12:30 20:12

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ERROR [Line 1]: Cannot assign a Variable to a Numeric constant!! IT'S A BUG!!!!  (Read 6235 times)
Breixo

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 0

« on: January 11, 2006, 12:28:34 12:28 »

Hi to all,

If you have migrated from Proton+ 2.1.3 to Proteus DS 2.2.0.20 (presented in this forum) you can have a very strange and undebuggable error:

ERROR [Line 1]: Cannot assign a Variable to a Numeric constant!!
(Obviusly, the're nothing in the Line 1 that produces this error)

If you've that error read below:

When I try to use the new Proton DS compiler most of all my old sample sources don't compile because the above error. After a frustrating and disagreeable experience when I put a request for help in this forum I've found a bug in the new Proton DS 2.2.0.20.

First of all, I've isolated the sources with error and the sources without error.
Second, I look for similarities and I've found one and that was the key.

To learn PICbasic 2.1.3, I've used a very big source from a French guy. The source is very complete and from it I've developed some different sample applications that they runs very well, including Proteus Simulation. Of course, these samples are full of new source and old source, many of this last have remakes (').

One of these hundreds of remakes is the following line:

'PRINT AT 4,1, ">", rep " "\18, "<" ' Rempli la 2° ligne avec des espaces et signes

As you can see, it's in French and I've coloured in red a symbol, it's the symbol to abreviate the ordinal segundo (not the time unit) in Spanish (well, we have another symbol if the ordinal is femenine, i.e. 2ª línea) but I don't know why it's the same symbol in French because in this language the ordinal "second" is exactly the same as in English.

Well, tired of unsuccesful testings I begin to eliminate remakes and "eureka!!", when I delete the above remake line the Proton DS compiles OK. What's that?.
A couple of testing before I saw the problem was in this symbol, I change it for the "almost" equal symbol of my PC, see that they seem exactly the same but the're slighty "visual" differences, so the difference must be their ASCII code.

'PRINT AT 4,1, ">", rep " "\18, "<" ' Rempli la 2º ligne avec des espaces et signes

So, changing or deleting this symbol in a "remake" line, the problem is solved. I'm sure that this problem can appears with other strange symbols in other languages, so, be careful.

I've explain all the process because a guy in this forum, first, invite me to send the source and after, he tells me if I think that he is my worker :confused:, he tells me I must rewrite my code :confused: and to finalize, he tells me that I ask too much to a compiler and that I've complicated the code :eek:. NOTHING OF THAT, IT'S A BUG!!!

I hope that it's useful to somebody,

Breixo
Yazi

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 23

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:44:31 12:44 »

breixo:) a constantes after compilation are saved in programme memory so you can not modificate it with simple instruction as "=", but a variabvles are in RAM you can access to as read and write.
best regards
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:47:18 12:47 by Yazi » Logged
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 02:10:14 02:10 »

start of rant

dude,
u got free compiler here.
 if there is bug, live with it.
 if u not happy with that, buy the real stuff so u could complain if there is bug.

Metal contributed his time to crack
he do not make the software.
whatever bug there is, most likely came from the parent soft.
if u need help or wanna complain bout a bug, i suggest u do it on proton's own forum, not here.  mebbe someone have same probs as u do there.

as this is a warez forum.
here we talk bout warez and a bit (very little bit) bout how to use them warez.  
u can't blame Metal for not wasting his time to solve ur probs.  
Metal uses his time to cracks.

so quit feeling insulted,  
coz no one intedt to do that to u.  
we have no time for that,
we use our time to programs instead.

use them free softs up to their limit.
if u need to go beyond that, buy the legit copy.

end of rant.

do not bother to reply coz i will not participate.

Metal, thanks for them softs,  U rocks !!

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
newbaby
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 2

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 10:48:14 10:48 »

Parmin,

I totally agree with you.Please do not post scrap again and again No one interest with that.

Newbaby
seinfield
Translator

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 1

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 07:01:52 19:01 »

I think it is not  bug of the compiler, it happended to me a lot of times working with PBP, Matlab,..., when i copy, paste from websites or some files.
Breixo

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 06:26:19 18:26 »

u got free compiler here.
if there is bug, live with it.
if u not happy with that, buy the real stuff so u could complain if there is bug.

Simply, I report a bug, What did you say?

Metal contributed his time to crack he do not make the software.
whatever bug there is, most likely came from the parent soft.
if u need help or wanna complain bout a bug, i suggest u do it on proton's own forum, not here. mebbe someone have same probs as u do there.

as this is a warez forum.
here we talk bout warez and a bit (very little bit) bout how to use them warez.
u can't blame Metal for not wasting his time to solve ur probs.
Metal uses his time to cracks.

so quit feeling insulted,
coz no one intedt to do that to u.
we have no time for that,
we use our time to programs instead.

use them free softs up to their limit.
if u need to go beyond that, buy the legit copy.

Breixo

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 06:33:26 18:33 »

I think it is not bug of the compiler, it happended to me a lot of times working with PBP, Matlab,..., when i copy, paste from websites or some files.

Perhaps for you  a bug is a faith question, for others is a problem in a software. In fact, also I've copied and pasted thousand of lines and never I've had any problem UNTIL NOW!!.  Always there is a first time.

To copy and to paste exactly the lines I've attached and probably you opinion will be different.

Ciao
picstudent

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 3

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 09:03:15 21:03 »

better continue with your projects !!!  use your time to develop more ...  if there is a bug,  we 're no gods to rebuild the ware systems...  and maybe we have no money to pay 4 the original soft and contribute with the ingenious creators of the soft and help them to fix $$ the problems...

... rego ... who are are you really ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...