Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:37:03 21:37

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New complete PCB for 0-30V 10 A supply with Volt and amp meter but some problums  (Read 7771 times)
munaf

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 2

« on: November 14, 2007, 02:23:06 02:23 »

Dear friends
I designed the PCB for Power supply 0-30 Volts 10 Amp.  I made it but not working properly. (KA7200)

1.   Voltages are not stabol.  When I adjust the voltage it’s maximum adjustment is 0-18 V either than supply voltage on DC in (on the bridge and PCB in) are 30V but variation is only 0-18V.
2.   Current variation also in to position 0 or 10 amp.  No variation between 0 t0 10 A please give me any idea.
Small PCB is for the AVR based Voltmeter and Amp meter which is working properly.
Here is the link where you can download PCB rar designed in Protel 99 SE.

https://ssl.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/collectorszone.cgi?skip=0

Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 541
-Receive: 408

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:19:02 07:19 »

Can't get the files that's a collectors account just upload to rapid and give link

then we can have a look

wizpic

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
munaf

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:40:56 09:40 »

Hello
Here is new link
http://rapidshare.com/files/69608770/Power_supply.rar.html
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:15:03 10:15 »

I made one of these using my own designed vesrion of it and it works very well and very stable and it has done for the last couple of years. So I can only say it's down to your PCB when you transfered it.

I've add a quick look your PCB layout.

What sticks out ot me is that your AC coneections. how do they connect in and how to they go out to the dridge rectifier ?
you need to double check your PCB layout against the shcematic the op-amp controls the relay.

Am I right in thinking your using the POT'S to control it ?

I cn see DC in connections, How the relay works is 0-15V relay does not pull in and any thing over that the relay pulls in.

it's quite hard to tell you what is actualy wrong with your PCB, but i will try and have a bigger look into it,

What did you use to design it in

did you draw Schematic then transfere over to PCB or Just laied out PCB ?

The best way to me is copy your schematic then once you have proved your schematic by checking it against the original then you will know 100% your PCB will work with out any errors. I use Altium and have done for years.

and in the mean time i shall look deaper and let us know or a little more detial

wizpic

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
munaf

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:18 11:14 »

Hello
at first thanks for your intrest.
i used the transformer 15-0-15 volt 16 amp.  one of the tronsformer lead goes to directly on Bridge at one AC Pin as 0 or common, and others two wires (center tapped and last wire) goes to the relay. relay common point goes to the bridge other AC Pin. when we veri the 0-14 volt center taped and common tapped work and when the out put voltage reached at above 14.5v relay will be on and last winding conected to bridge. 
I draw the PCB Manually with protel99SE.
complete schematics is in the PDF name KA7200.
I add only one thing which is i used one op as fan control and use a thrmil resister on the heatsink when the temp goes high op amp will be on the fan and pot is also to use for the thermal adjustment
I used the avr based voltmetter and amp meter.
regards
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:46:36 11:46 »

UPLOAD THE PROTEL FILE I CAN SEE TIHS BETTER ONLY FOR SPU AND NOT THE METER.

so what voltage have you got at the AC terminals on the bridge rectiter when voltage is set to min ? should be 0 -18V AC

what voltage do you get when voltage turned to max at the AC terminals of the bridge rectiier ? should be 30-35V

the same goes the dc input teminal but the DC volatge may be slightly higher than you AC readings

Also what you mean by unstable output, Which meter you going by the AVR meter or a true DC volt meter ?

wizpic

munaf

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 03:42:00 03:42 »

hello
protel file is in the rar file which you download with the name of "Power Suplly 0-30 10ANEW.ddb"
i measur the voltage with a digital multimeter on the output traminals of supply.
in the 15v range it these are veri from 0-14 and after on the relay 0-20V but the currnet veriation has only two position  one is 0A other is 10A no veriation possible by the pot.
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 493
-Receive: 363

It's a little funny......

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 04:21:56 04:21 »

Hi Wizpic , Can u share us uor schematic and pcb ?

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...